TwiBite Headline Animator

Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

True Blood Season 5 Red Carpet Premiere: I Cheated on Twilight and I’m Not Even Sorry



I hope I’m not in danger of losing my Team Edward card when I confess that there are other vampires in my life besides the sparkly residents of Forks, Washington. Sure, maybe that makes me some kind of a FangSlut, but whatever. I mean, have you seen the vampires and werewolves in Bon Temps?

Not the Cullens


Definitely not the Cullens


I’m vastly entertained by the outrageous happenings on True Blood and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see two of my favorite cast members, Alexander Skarsgard and Joe Manganiello, in person for the 5 red carpet premiere for season 5.

Waiting in line with the gang – Twifixx, ZAnyMouse, me (TwiloveSue), LuvsMeSumEdward, Twi-daughter Nicole

We didn’t get there early enough to snag a spot along the front of the small, barricaded fan area and ended up behind a group of extremely tall “Autograph Guys.” Luckily they turned out to be really nice and a total Godsend in helping us collect autographs and get pictures.

 
Alexander Skarsgard (Eric)
My humblest apologies to fellow Breaking Dawn Tent City residents who recognize someone else in this picture

It was very exciting to meet Alexander Skarsgard and it totally made my day to have my picture taken with him. I was so impressed with how he took his time going down the fan line to sign autographs and take pictures with everyone. He even went around the back side of the barricades to greet fans.


I Spy TwiloveSue, Twifixx and ZAnyMouse hiding in this picture (photo source unknown)

Carrie Preston (Arlene)
 
 
Sam Trammel (Sam)


Kristen Bauer (Pam)
 
 
My other favorite actor in the cast is Joe Manganiello and I wasn’t at all prepared by how intimidatingly handsome he was in person. My hands were totally shaking, but he was so nice. He bypassed the media interview line to visit fans first and was a total sweetheart even going down  the line twice to make sure he got everyone.

Joe Manganiello (Alcide)
Oh my....






I know I'm short, but he really is tall (6’5”)



Denis O'Hare (Russell)


Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica)




Todd Lowe (Terry)




Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette)



Kevin Allejandro (Jesus)




Jim Parrack (Hoyt)



Michelle Forbes (Maryann, also Ensign Ro for all you Star Trek geeks like me)


Twi-Daughter Nicole was beyond excited that Michael Emerson (Ben from Lost) was there to support his wife Carrie Preston. Her one goal for the evening was to meet him and he very graciously came over and took a picture with her even though he hadn’t planned on going through the fan line. To be honest, he scared me a little.

I was disappointed that Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin arrived late and didn’t sign autographs, but it was cool that their publicist at least came over to apologize to us.

Oh, and I’m no expert, but it just seems like it’s not good parenting to let your young, teen daughter hold up a sign in public that says “VILF.” Just sayin’


We had a great time and I’m definitely going back again for the Season 6 red carpet!

TwiloveSue XOXO

P.S.  You know I couldn't not include a picture of Rob from the Cosmopolis press tour, right? (thank you to DangrDafne for finding this gem!)

9 comments:

Maggie said...

We totally forgive you for cheating and are grateful that you did. ;-)
How cool are you??? You make it to all the these premieres and then you actually get to a spot where you can get stuff signed and then you don't go blind from all the pretty.

Zanymouse said...

FangSlut - BAHAHAHAHAHA! Seeing our dear Charles, even in digital picture form, still makes me shudder. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it since he and his minions have shown up at the last three premiere events I've been to. Apparently he's stalking the same actors I am. Get in line, Charles! *shakes fist*
As a FangSlut myself through and through, I have to say that Joe Manganiello has me running, balls out, toward the wolfy side. OH MY!!

TwiloveSue said...

Mrs P - I'm so glad you didn't chastise me for going rogue and writing about something non-Twilighty ;)

Z - If you say his name three times, he's going to haunt you forever like Beetlejuice. Don't do it! And you are most definitely a FangSlut.

TwiloveSue said...

Whoops, forgot to subscribe to comments...

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Girl, you know I love this post to death!! All the photos are amazing, and I'm uber jealous that you met Alex--I live vicariously through you!!

Seriously... Ah! You get to do everything fun, I can't even formulate words... So I'll just leave you with, "Very cool, my dear. Very cool." You rock Sue!

TwiloveSue said...

Suz - I wish you could have been there cause I know how much you like TB! I think you need to plan your next visit to CA to coincide with the Season 6 premiere ;)

Dangrdafne said...

Cheat please! Especially if it leads to pictures like these. My fave is you and Joe - his smile is so pure and he seems genuinely happy to be posing with the fans.

I am so glad I can live vicariously through you :)

And hey, that was my name at the end of the post - Woot! I just LOVE that picture of Rob - so lovely.

TwiloveSue said...

DD - I love that picture of Rob too!! Feel free to send more my way anytime :) And Joe... oh my. He was so handsome and larger than life. I want to see him again soon :)

Broken Arrow Home Staging said...

Thhank you for this