I suppose you may be wondering why I ever embarked on this somewhat frivolous and potentially hugely embarrassing crusade a few weeks ago. I don’t know, it seemed like a fun idea at the time (and I swear, no alcohol was involved). Actually, we hosted Lee for a private concert and some sightseeing while he was in San Diego last month, and a conversation between Lee and Twi-Daughter Megan gave me the inspiration. It’s since turned into a daily exercise in self-entertainment and your witty, confused and outraged comments have made it all the more fun.
I’ve recapped my tweets below and welcome you to submit ideas for future reasons in the comments so that I may steal and pass them off as my own. Feel free to retweet and make this a group harassment project!
Hey @LeeMacDougall , here are a few reasons to follow me on Twitter:
1. It would make Megan VERY jealous!
2. I promise not to sing along loudly and out of tune at your shows, mangling all the words
3. I’ll rename my cat after you (it’s not like Nemo answered when I called him anyway)
4. Next time you’re in San Diego, I’ll let you drive my cool car AND pick the music
5. I know where all the good Ralphs stores are
It was at this point that I received the following tweet from Lee:
@twilovesue how can i ever follow you? it will mean you stop amusing me with your listings ;)You know what that means, right? Game on!!
— Lee MacDougall (@LeeMacDougall) October 29, 2012
6. I know that I’m not perfect, but my Mum says that I am
7. I’ll design your first tattoo. (You like Twilight, right?)
8. All the cool kids are doing it
9. I still like you even though you don’t watch Dr. Who (*shakes head in befuddlement*)
10. I hate to brag, but I can recite the entire Greek alphabet in less than 5 seconds
11. Unlimited Haribo gummy bears and hot tea next time you’re in SD (no, the “hot” is never implied)
Then I got another tweet from him:
@twilovesue you are getting close with this one..How can he not know that it’s never a good idea to encourage me?
— Lee MacDougall (@LeeMacDougall) November 4, 2012
12. I’ll bet One Direction would follow me if I asked them to
13. I won’t tell people your middle name is Elvis
14. I know the secret to winning a toy in the Claw Game
15. I won’t discriminate against you for being a muggle
16. The Queen would want you to
That catches us up through today and I’m now left with several burning questions. Naturally, I consulted the Magic 8 Ball app on my phone for the burning answers (as I do for all important life decisions).
TwiloveSue: Is it wrong to pester or shame someone into following you on Twitter?
Magic 8 Ball: Yes
(perhaps it misunderstood my question?)
TwiloveSue: Will Lee ever become my twitter follower?
Magic 8 Ball: Cannot predict now
TwiloveSue: Will I be witty enough to keep Lee following once he starts?
Magic 8 Ball: Don’t count on it
(stupid Magic 8 Ball….)
So, there you have it.
P.S. I’m heading off tomorrow to live the hobo life in Camp Twilight “Tent City” for 5 days with 2249 other crazy people. Wish me luck!